Friday, February 21, 2014

Why Are We Picky Beggars?

As I was eating my lunch today, my little chihuahua sat at my feet begging for just one bite. I usually don't give in, but today his little eyes pulled at my heart, so I tossed him a fry. He ran over to it with such enthusiasm until he sniffed it. That little brat left the fry laying on the floor and came back to my feet to beg some more. I chuckled at the thought and tore off a piece of hamburger. I barley pulled my fingers back in time before he gulped that meat down without even chewing. Crazy little dog!


This got me thinking about myself and when I pray or "beg" God. I imagine God sitting up in heaven, looking at me at His feet, and thinking you crazy kid,  I have blessed you with so much but here you sit "begging" for something better.

I want to be content with what God has given me in this season of life. Don't get me wrong, I believe that our awesome God blesses us more than we could ever think or imagine. The problem is, I can be picky in what I receive as a blessing.

Sometimes the situations in life may not feel like a blessing but I want to start living a life where I look at all situations with a positive attitude. Often the trials, or fries in life, turn out to be God's biggest blessing. Let's join to together and thank God in all things. Good, bad, exciting, boring... whatever, they are all blessings. Each minute, each moment, each celebration, even each trial is a gift.

I want God's will for my life and for yours. I want to be thankful in all things. Let's not be picky beggars!

I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment