Monday, February 17, 2014

Life Is Risky!

Life Is RISKY! Dating, Marrying, Going to School, Not Going to School, Getting a Job, Changing Jobs, Moving, Staying. Not just the obvious parts but ALL parts of life are RISKY.

When I was 18 and saying "I DO" on the altar at my church, to the love of my life, that was RISKY. If I had listened the the majority and believed I was too young or that it would have never last, I would not be celebrating my 23rd anniversary this summer.

Having two kids by the time I was 21 was VERY RISKY, but I knew, for medical reasons beyond my control, I needed to have my kids early. It was a risk well worth taking because I am as close as any parent could be to two amazing adults now.

Trusting a doctor who asked if we believe in miracles, to treat my husband's cancer , when all other doctors said the treatment would never work. They told us life post treatment would be so horrible that just going home and enjoying the days we had left was a much better option. Choosing to fight, was RISKY. 8 years later, I am so grateful we chose to fight!

Switching jobs was RISKY. Moving across the country was RISKY. I have chosen to take many risks in life and sadly, there have been risks that I haven't taken. I was scared. Scared of failing, scared of what others would say, scared of making the wrong choice. FEAR is the enemy of HAPPINESS. Fear grips and and causes us to play it safe, not take risks. When we allow fear or being comfortable to keep us from taking risks, we walk through the same ruts over and over again.

God intended for us to live life not in fear but in hope. Knowing that He is in control. He is here to walk with us as we take risks. Carry us when we can't walk anymore. Yes life is RISKY but God is bigger than all of that! Taking risks is worth it when God is on our side.


Last night I had the privilege to hear Christine Caine bring the house down at a women's event at Long Hollow with over 2500 other ladies. POWERFUL doesn't even begin to describe the night! She challenged us to take RISKS. Not to live in our comfort zone but to take the risks God is calling us to take!


No comments:

Post a Comment