Saturday, February 1, 2014

Sometimes It Is Hard To Wait

This is my first blog post so please bear with me!

Have you ever had a day, a week or maybe even a year where you felt like you were doing nothing but waiting? For me 2013 was that year.

Waiting for answers as to why my husband was in so much pain despite lethal levels of pain medication. Waiting for my then 20 year old son to decide if he wanted to give college one last shot. (On dad and mom's dime!) Waiting on God to open new doors in my career when in May I felt released from the church I had been working at for over 3 years.

Waiting is almost never fun! Waiting is actually painful at times. What I discovered through some trial and error is that waiting is ALWAYS worth it. Sure, we may not get the answer or result when or how we thought we should. As the Apostle Paul said in Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him...". God is in control and it's our job to Wait. Then Trust that God is working it out for our good. Finally, we can Follow where He leads!

My husband had a trial surgery in May that allowed him to ditch the pain meds in July! My son enrolled in college classes in June to get that degree he needs so he can live in China and teach english. I left my job on December 23 with no guarantees but God opened an amazing opportunity at another church in January.

What are you waiting for today? Don't give up! God is working it out for your good.

No comments:

Post a Comment