Wednesday, February 12, 2014

If Tomorrow Never Comes...

If Tomorrow Never Comes...

I was reminded this week of the importance of living today and not waiting until tomorrow. A sweet, precious friend lost her husband Bruce on February 5. Was it expected? Was he sick? No and No! He went to sleep and woke up in heaven. That was it. No tomorrow, no next month or next year. 

God tells us to live in the now. Not to worry about tomorrow or stay in yesterday. Most of the time I am good about remembering that but sometimes I forget. I find myself thinking about what I should have done or stressing out about things that haven't even happened yet. Do you find yourself regretting or worrying rather than trusting and enjoying?

Lets make a commitment to live for today. Love those around us. Spend less time planning and more time doing. Sit down with your kids and play that game tonight. You don't have to wait until game night. Go and have coffee with your widowed neighbor. Stop thinking someone else will do it. God put them on YOUR heart not someone else's. Throw your hair in a pony tail and skip the make up today so that you can spend a little extra time with your husband this morning rather than looking "perfect" for everyone else.

I want to start each day knowing that it's a gift not a guarantee. How about you? Let's let go and enjoy this moment. Be happy, love fully, forgive daily, and give to others. If I go to be tonight and my tomorrow never comes like  Bruce's didn't on February 6. I want to know that I embraced today as if it was my last. No regrets!

I love you all and pray that you can live everyday like there is no tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment