Wednesday, March 12, 2014

You Never Know When You Will See The Fruit

Day to day, the same routine. Go to work, come home, go to sleep, do it again. Then... you get a text, a phone call or a visit. Something is happening and you get to be a part of it!

Work was great as always. (Thank God I get to do something I LOVE and call it a job!) I was sitting at home contemplating dinner when I got a text message that made my heart so happy. A sweet girl (21), who I have known since she was 7, sent me a text that said she was thinking about getting baptized but didn't know how to go about it. I was so happy. Happy for her, her mom and dad, her siblings, her future children... this is a generation changing decision! Even after years of not talking to her, she chose to contact me to talk about her BIG decision. Thank you Lord that I got to have that conversation with Ash. I am nothing special, and know that wholeheartedly, but this was a harvest for seeds planted over 13 years ago.

And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

There are many times in life when it feels like what we are doing doesn't matter. It feels like you are making no progress, not making a difference. I'm here to tell you, DON'T GIVE UP! When you least expect it, you too will see the fruit of seeds planted long ago.

You may be in a season where you keep getting hit in the face with bad news. Don't stop doing good. Don't stop helping others. Don't stop trusting. Don't stop forgiving or loving. Tomorrow may be your day to reap a harvest from seeds you have been planting; just like today was mine.

I will continue to WAIT, TRUST & FOLLOW. Never giving up. Loving others and most importantly loving GOD and being obedient to Him! I hope you will too!

Love you guys! I am so proud of you Ash! 

No comments:

Post a Comment